Parent Councils can:
- Provide a voice for parents, in schools and in their local authority, on issues that are important to them and their children
- Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children's learning and in the life of the school
- Support the school and Headteacher in developing strong home/school partnerships
- Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer
The Parent Council meetings will take place this year on 4 occasions and there will be 1 AGM:
- Thursday 8th September
- Thursday 20th October (AGM)
- Thursday 19th January
- Thursday 9th March
- Thursday 8th June
All meeting will take place 6-7pm in Community Room 2 unless communicated otherwise.
All parents/carers are welcome to attend.
Did you know?
People often ask where does the money that we raise go? What happens to it? We spend it on your children, giving them experiences they may not otherwise get.
- The Pantomime costs just under £1000
- Buses to take children on trips cost anywhere from £60 for a 12 seater mini bus, to over £200 for a bigger bus
- We don't charge for Christmas parties and lots of other little things
- We also support a young child in Africa to go to school
- We raised £509.00 from Tempest photographs which once again goes into school funds