School Car Park
There has recently been a significant increase in the amount of parents/carers using the school car park in the morning and at the end of the school/ELC day. This practice is putting our children at risk as some drivers often perform dangerous manoeuvres within this restricted area.
We have a dedicated team of Junior Road Safety Officers on hand to advise of the best places to park and how to help keep our school environment safe.
- Take time to read the 5 safety points and share with anyone else who brings your children to school/ELC or collects them.
- Drop off children in a safe manner.
- No access to the school carpark unless the circumstances have been agreed by the HT.
!!! 5 POINTS TO KEEP OUR CHILDREN SAFE !!!
1. The school carpark is not for drop off or pick up.
2. The carpark entrance is our only access for emergency vehicles.
3. Park in an appropriate and safe manner when using the layby on Kirkton North Road.
4. Do not park cars on the pavement near the carpark exit as you may be causing an obstruction to visibility for drivers leaving the carpark.
5. Please do not use the car park as a shortcut when walking children in to or leaving the school /ELC. It is safer to use the path which runs past the play park.
We have been working closely with the Community Police to ensure our pupils are safe.