Early Learning and Childcare
Early learning and childcare (ELC) is a generic term used to cover the full range of early education and childcare available in Scotland today. The term early learning and childcare is intended to emphasise that the care and education of very young children are not two separate things, and that babies and young children are learning all the time from all their experiences.
Your child will come to us with lots of learning experiences which have been gained through family life, with friends, relatives and neighbours. We value this existing learning and our role is to broaden their learning experiences so that when they leave us, the children will be confident, eager and enthusiastic learners who are looking forward to the next stage of their education.
ELC Improvement Plan 2023-24
All ELC children are entitled to 1140 hours.
- Monday - Thursday 7:47am - 12:30pm
- Friday - 8:00am - 11:54am
- Monday - Thursday 12:30am - 6:14pm
- 2 full days 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- 1 short session either 8:00 am - 11:20 am (Friday) or 12:45 pm - 4:05 pm 2
- Specific days and short session will be confirmed by Pupil Placement